Opalescence® Teeth Whitening: Reveal a Radiant Smile
Opalescence® is a trusted teeth whitening treatment that effectively eliminates organic stains on teeth, resulting in a noticeably brighter and more vibrant smile. The Opalescence® system can be applied with or without light activation of the provided gel, as determined by your dentist. This treatment is both swift and uncomplicated.
During the treatment, a bleaching gel is applied to the teeth for approximately 45 minutes. Opalescence® ensures complete safety during the process, as it includes potassium nitrate and fluoride to safeguard dental enamel.
Why Choose Opalescence®?
Opalescence® combines the power of hydrogen peroxide for teeth whitening with the benefits of potassium nitrate, which reduces sensitivity and strengthens enamel. This treatment is suitable for generally healthy teeth that are free from disease and decay. It offers a safe and effective solution for achieving a radiant smile.
There are a great many reasons why Opalescence ® is often preferred over other brands, including:
- Minimizes tooth sensitivity
- Promotes strong tooth enamel
- Quick treatment times
- Reduces risk of tooth dehydration
- Proven results
How is the Opalescence ® treatment performed?
Opalescence ® whitening gel contains 38% hydrogen peroxide and potassium nitrate. After in-office treatment, gel, and toothpaste containing lower concentrations of the whitening formula may be prescribed for use at home. The Opalescence ® whitening gel is thick, which reduces mess during application.
Here is how the procedure will be performed:
- A thorough cleaning will remove debris from the surfaces of the teeth
- Photographs will be taken to record the current color of the teeth
- A cheek retractor will be inserted to expose the surfaces of key teeth
- A resin will be painted onto the gums to protect them
- The first covering of Opalescence ® whitening gel will be applied to the teeth for 15 minutes
- Dr. Beller will suction off the gel and check the whitening progress
- More gel will be applied for a further 15 minutes
- Again, the gel will be removed
- The mouth will be rinsed and the final round of whitening gel will be applied.
- The mouth will be cleaned and photographs of teeth color post-treatment will be taken
If Dr. Beller chooses to expedite the whitening process with a specialized light, the light will be applied for approximately 30 seconds per gel application. The entire procedure, including the initial cleaning, should take no more than 90 minutes.
If you have questions or concerns about Opalescence ® or any other whitening treatment, please contact 81st Street Dental today!